Friday, May 22, 2015

T - Time : Simple Mixed Media Card

Hello dear friends! This is Deepti here and I hope you are enjoying our current challenge where the theme is 'Mixed Media'. All you need to do is make any 'Mixed Media' project inspired by the below pic..


What is Mixed Media?

A mixed media card is a card that is created using a variety of mediums like fabric, stitching, acrylic paint, embossing paste, texture gel, gel medium, modeling paste, gesso, textured paper, glitter, die-cuts, chipboard, embossing powders, epoxy/thick stickers, embellishments,  watercolor, pastels, alcohol inks, markers, chalks, acrylic paints, oils, crayons and etc. Basically, a project that has stamps and inks PLUS atleast any two of the above is a mixed media project.

So, I'm here today with a simple and fun Mixed Media Card.


And here is the step by step tutorial on how I made this card! :)

I took a pattern paper from K&co 6x6 collection


Then applied a coat of  white Acrylic Paint from Hobby Ideas.


I then sponged the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink with a sponge dauber


I then distressed and torn the edges..


Then stamped the background stamp with the same Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.


On a piece of paper I stamped the umbrellas in Archival black ink


and colored them using Fabercastell red and Frayed Burlap distress inks.


Then fussy cut all the umbrellas, arranged and adhered on to the card panel..


Finally adhered a diecut and added some glitter..


And that's it.. Hope you like it.


There is still time to play along with our Mixed Media Challenge. Hope you would join the fun.
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Take care and I'll see you soon.. :)

4 comments: