Wednesday, February 18, 2015

CSCC #11 -QUICK AND EASY SHAKER CARD USING RECYCLED MATERIALS

Hello friends, this is Ramya here and today its my turn to share my inspiration with you all . This month's theme is shaker cards and you can find the details of the challenge here.  I made a simple aquarium themed shaker card..... 


This card is very simple to make and takes less than half an hour to finish. I took a white cardstock and made a blue border using gelatos Then I stuck the sentiment ( printed). The thread is recycled from an old jewellery . I have cut the anchor from cereal box. 



Now for the shaker  part I have recycled my jewellery findings cover. Cut a square in the cardstock with the same size as that of the square in the cover. Paste this cover at the backside of the cardstock and add the shaker elements. Here I have added white crystals and little water ( to get the aquarium effect). Then seal the edges of the shaker using hot glue gun such that the elements do not come out. Paste the image of your choice which will be visible through the shaker part. ( here I have drawn fishes and hearts) 
Thats all!! Your shaker card is ready!!




That was easy isn't it?? Hope you all like it . Do join us at CSCC #11 and have fun. You can link your creations here.

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used the jewellery findings box Ramya.. hand cut anchor n hand drawn fishes are cute.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool way to recycle :) the anchor & fishes are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative way to use the packing for shaker card Ramya ,Your card is very sweet ,loved the fishes !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome way to create a shaker card! Lovely inspiration Ramya!! :)

    ReplyDelete